Ultimate Dana 44 crate front axle for Jeep Wrangler JK from 2007.
The Ultimate Dana 44 axle is a direct bolt-in solution and allows you to reuse your stock wheel ends. Featuring a number of upgrades for added on-trail durability, plus added strength wherever you take your vehicle, the Ultimate Dana 44 axle is built to meet the demands of serious off-road enthusiasts. Features include: Thicker tubes for improved strength, rigidity and durability, thicker 1/4 inch steel brackets to resist bending and endure off-road environments, chromoly axle shafts for optimal strength and performance, Spicer Life Series (SPL) 1350 u-joints with triple lip seals and full-circle clips for ultimate protection and retention, performance differential cover and Spicer performance gasket, genuine Spicer gearing, optimized pinion angles for lifted vehicles. Increased gross axle weight rating (GAWR) allows for the added weight of suspension upgrades, bumpers, winches and larger tires. Improved caster angle to reduce bump steer on lifted vehicles.
- “Bolt in” front axle for the Jeep Wrangler JK.
available in 3.73, 4.10, 4.56, 4.88, 5.13 and 5.38 axle ratios (which you can choose from the menu above)
- reuse factory knuckles, brakes and wheel hub bearings
- electric differential locker
- 2.5” tube diameter 5/16” wall thickness
- heavy-duty nodular iron differential cover
- pinion yoke same as stock JK
- axle internals are 100% genuine Dana 44™ for strength and ease of service
- AXLE IS SHIPPED WITHOUT OIL. Fill with 2 quarts of 75W140.
- first oil fill to the upper fill plug. Service oil fill to lower fill plug.
- wheel speed sensor wires should be secured out of the way of brake-end suspension components.
- production drag link and tie rod ends may be reused.
- longer bolts may be required for some suspension points – use grade 10.9.
- suspension torques from service manual should be followed.
- front: mount stabilizer bar end links outboard of bracket.
- driveshafts from stock JK can be used depending on suspension lift height.
- toe-in specifications from service manual should be followed.
- electric locker voltage/current required (0-18V, 8A max continuous.)
- new wheel hub bearing bolts and axle shaft nuts included
- see service manual for general axle installation information
- dana Switch Harness Kit P/N 10021771 is available to control the electric locker. NOTE: For Jeep® Rubicon® owners, if the stock harness is used to control the locker, the light in the dashboard will flash when the locker is engaged and turn off when disengaged. The light will not turn on ‘solid’ when the locker is engaged. If the flashing light is undesirable, use the Dana Switch Harness Kit listed above.
2012+ require aftermarket ECU programming for gear ratio.
When modifying an engine to include aftermarket or upgrade components, stock ECU may or may not be able to provide the correct type of control for applications where the engine can be used. To accommodate engine modifications, a programmable ECU can be used in place of the ECU shipped from the factory. Typical modifications that may require an ECU upgrade may include turbocharging, supercharging or both, a naturally aspirated engine; fuel injection or spark plug upgrades, exhaust system modifications or upgrades, transmission upgrades and so on.