This kit consists of 2 REAR leaf-springs, made in Italy by a leading company.
These are semi-elliptic and progressive 4 layers leaf springs, made in Italy to HM4X4 specification.
This is a product of incomparable excellence, since is the ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD to be fully galvanized and powder-coated, provided with an anti-friction pad of our production, produced with high-quality Italian polyurethane that does not allow to break away even when the leaf-spring is fully open.
Warranty: 5 years.
These leaf-springs, made with the best steel in compliance with EN 10089, UNI 3545-80 and DIN 17221 with profiles realised according to EN 1009, after being laminated, forged and formed, undergo these treatments:
- heat treating at 700° C made by the manufacturer to obtain the mechanical characteristics of the project;
- magnetic particle and sample tests;
- shot peening, which consists in a hammering the surface with a jet of steel shots, that causes a plastic deformation on surface that propagates to a few tenths of a millimeter. So it repairs the micro cracks and improves the distribution of surface tension, increasing the fatigue strength and the flexibility of each leaf;
- cold electrolytic galvanizing treatment to prevent corrosion;
- dehydrogenation at 180°C, to reduce the hydrogen accumulatation occurred during the electrolytic galvanizing process, necessary for materials hardened in accordance with ISO 2081;
- painted with matte pearlescent black epoxy powder.
We choosed to not use the military wrap – the double eye – to avoid a penalisation of the excursion due to the interference with the shackles, but rather we tested - with excellent results – a single reinforced eye that, despite the high resistance, gives the leaf-springs extremely fluid movements, so as to get closer to the work of a coil spring.
The high quality of these leaf-springs allows to contrast the typical lowering problems which occur on every Samurai or Sj’s right side.
These leaf-springs are from 2 to 4 cm (depending on bending) longer than the original ones, so it results in a movement of the front axle, improving the angle of attack and decreasing the front pitching.
Given the softness of these leaf-springs, it is possible to take advantage of the whole extension, reaching the original pads despite the higher crowning.
However, we recommend their use with bump-stops extensions that extend the leaf-springs’ duration, although they reduce mobility.