These leaf springs, built with the best steel in compliance with EN 10089, UNI 3545-80 and DIN 17221 with profiles according to EN 1009, after being rolled, forged and formed, follows these treatments:
- heat treatment at 700° C by the manufacturer to obtain the mechanical characteristics of the project;
- magnetic particle examination and sample tests;
- shot peening, which consists in hammering surface with a jet of steel that causes a plastic deformation on surface that propagates p to a few tenths of a millimeter in the material, closes the microcracks and improves the distribution of surface tension, increasing the fatigue strength and flexibility of each leaf;
- cold electrolytic galvanizing treatment to prevent corrosion;
- dehydrogenation at 180°C, to reduce the accumulated hydrogen during the electrolytic galvanizing process, necessary for hardened materials in accordance with ISO 2081;
- painted with black epoxy powder matte pearlescent.
We choosed not to use the military wrap not to reduce the extension due to the interference with the shackles, but rather we tested with exciting results single reinforced eye that despite the high resistance gives the spring extremely fluid movements, so as to get closer to the work curve of a coil spring. The high quality of these leaf springs allows to contrast the typical sag problems of the right side of all the Suzuki Samurai and Sj.
These leaf springs are from 2 to 4 cm (depending on bending) more long of the original, this brings to movement of the front axle, improving the attack angle and decreasing the front pitch.
Other changes required: because of the softness of these leaf springs, we recommend use of bump stop and shackle of minimum 95mm.