Specific steering damper for Discovery I with 80Shore A polyurethane bushings that replace the original heads, much less performance and durable, suitable for both use in demanding competitions and for road use as it does not harden the steering.
This Discovery I steering damper is a solution to the annoying vibrations arising from the steering linkage.
The HM4X4 off road shock absorbers can be re-calibrated and revised in all their parts, in the first year after purchase the re-calibration, on request, is carried out free of charge in order to adapt the third-party shock absorber to the use you make of the vehicle.
All Discovery I HM4X4 steering dampers have the following features:
- double tube in mechanical steel internally lapped, entirely galvanized with electrolytic galvanization with iridescent white finish and subsequent passivation with trivalent chromium base with surface hardness 80 HV, the outer tube has a diameter of 50mm and a thickness of 2mm to withstand impacts, in case the body should dent the shock absorber it will continue to function normally;
- steel rod diam.20mm coated in hard chrome CrVI free with tolerance according to EN ISO 286-2
- internal sintered components for maximum control over calibration, free of wear;
- graphited Teflon sealing band to improve the sliding of the steering;
- ROTHEN shock absorber oil specifically designed for off-road use, with a high viscosity index which guarantees a regular calibration up to 200° C, indispensable for intense use such as races or raids in the desert;
- double adjustment of calibration in extension and compression settings, both at high and low speeds, with translation reed valves, preloaded with star springs in compression and helical spring in extension.
The overhaul of the HM4X4 shock absorbers is guaranteed at a cost of 40 euros each for the entire life of the shock absorber.
AIR DRYED pressurization is an innovative two-stage pressurization technique. It allows to pressurize the shock absorber with inert gas, after having created a high vacuum, completely extracting air and humidity from its interior. This allows to minimize the phenomena of oil emulsion and the creation of rust that humidity inevitably creates inside a non-pressurized shock absorber.
In addition to making the shock absorber more performing, the Air Dryed pressurization considerably extends the duration of the shock absorber over time and guarantees constant calibration even after years of use.