Kit consisting of 2 rear shock absorbers +1.6", eye/pin attachment, with 50 mm reinforced body, 16 mm oversized stem, pressurized double-tube type, which can be overhauled and re-set according to your needs.
The shock absorbers, 100% Made in Italy, are built with steel tubes for mechanical use internally lapped and fully galvanized to avoid corrosion.
The bushings are made of polyurethane, a material which makes them much more resistant to deformation and wear, compared to the rubber normally used on the market.
All components are sintered for maximum calibration control and the seals are in graphited Teflon to improve smoothness and silence.
The shock absorbers are calibrated in compression like the originals to favor comfort, but braked more in rebound to reduce vehicle hopping. This calibration is designed to best adapt to the Italian off-road vehicle and is compatible with any type of set-up; in the order phase, however, the desired one can be chosen without a surcharge.
The shock absorber can be re-calibrated and overhauled in all its parts and in the first year after purchase the re-calibration is carried out free of charge according to your needs.
Inside the shock absorber there is a first internal bump stop in extension resistant up to 5000 kg and a second bump stop in polyurethane which slows down the last 10 mm of travel to avoid excessive stress on the frame supports; these limit switches can be used as travel limit for the axle.
ROTHEN oil with a high viscosity index is used which guarantees maintenance of the calibration up to 200 °C, therefore these shock absorbers are also suitable for heavy use and raids in the desert.
Each Competition50 shock absorber has the following characteristics:
- T.I.G. welding for maximum resistance and refined aesthetics;
- double tube in internally lapped mechanical steel, entirely galvanized with electrolytic zinc plating with Iridescent White finish and subsequent trivalent chromium-based passivation with surface hardness 80 HV, the outer tube has a diameter of 50 mm and a thickness of 2 mm to resist shocks, should the body be dented, the shock absorber will continue to function normally;
- Ø16 mm steel rod covered in CrVI-free hard chrome with tolerance according to EN ISO 286-2;
- polyurethane bushings highly resistant to deformation and wear, they are molded with 80 shore thermoplastic polyurethane specific for automotive use, resistant to grease, oil and fuel;
- sintered internal components for maximum wear-free calibration control;
- sealing band in graphited Teflon to improve the smoothness of the suspension, compared to the cast iron bands they are much quieter;
- double limit switch in polyurethane and steel to stop the extension stroke in a controlled way and not weigh on the attachments to the frame and axles;
- ROTHEN shock absorber oil specifically designed for off-road use with a high viscosity index which guarantees regular calibration up to 200 °C, essential for intense use such as races or raids in the desert;
- double adjustment of the rebound and compression settings, both at high and low speeds with translation reed valves preloaded with star springs in compression and coil spring in rebound;
- double seal with o-ring and oil seal with metal base, the high quality of the closure allows not to use the fork protectors which in the long run create dirt accumulation and damage the shock absorber, any debris that settles on the rod is cleaned by the double lip of the metal oil seal;
- calibration on test bench at 10 speeds, from 5 to 500 m/s to have the perfect calibration in all conditions.
The overhaul of the HM4X4 shock absorber is guaranteed at a cost of 40.00 euros each.
AIR DRYED pressurization is an innovative two-stage pressurization technique. It allows you to pressurize the shock absorber with inert gas, after having created a high vacuum, completely extracting air and humidity from inside. This allows to minimize the phenomena of oil emulsion and the creation of rust that humidity inevitably creates inside a non-pressurized shock absorber. In addition to making the shock absorber more performing, Air Dryed pressurization considerably extends the shock absorber's life over time and guarantees constant calibration even after years of use.