Pressurized twin-tube shock absorber completely Made in Italy, customizable in every part, in the drop-down menus you can select the parameters necessary for the configuration of the customized shock absorber:
- length, you can choose the desired length from those available for immediate delivery or choose a customized length, for the custom-made realization we take about two weeks, while for the measures ready for delivery we ship within 24 hours, the measure in full extension indicated is to be understood without the intervention of the polyurethane limit switch, with the limit switch completely crushed the measure in maximum extension increases by 1cm.
- calibration, it is possible to choose a soft calibration suitable for vehicles weighing less than 1500kg, standard for vehicles from 1500kg to 2000kg and reinforced for vehicles weighing more than 2000kg, in case you choose a customized calibration you will be contacted to decide together the calibration to be carried out in according to your needs;
- eyelet size, the eyelet width is 47mm, it is possible to choose between 2 different perforations, from 19mm or 16mm, in case you have different needs it is however possible to make them to measure;
- the pin is 14mm with M14 thread at the end.
In the first year after purchase, recalibration, on request, is carried out free of charge in order to adapt the shock absorber to the use you make of the vehicle.
Each Competition60 shock absorber has the following characteristics:
- T.I.G. welding for maximum resistance and a refined aesthetic;
double mechanical steel tube internally lapped, painted with epoxy powders and phosphated to prevent corrosion, the external tube has a diameter of 60mm and a thickness of 3mm to withstand impacts, in case the body is dented the shock absorber will continue to function normally;
- steel rod diam.20mm coated in hard chrome CrVI free with tolerance according to EN ISO 286-2
polyurethane bushings very resistant to deformation and wear, are molded with 80 shore thermoplastic polyurethane specific for automotive use, resistant to grease, oil and fuel;
- sintered internal components for maximum wear-free calibration control;
graphite teflon sealing band to improve suspension smoothness, compared to cast iron bands they are much quieter.
double limit switch in polyurethane and steel to stop the stroke in extension in a controlled way and not to burden the attachments to the frame and axles;
- ROTHEN shock absorber oil designed specifically for off-road use with a high viscosity index that guarantees regular calibration up to 200°C, essential for intense use such as races or raids in the desert;
- double adjustment of rebound and compression settings, both at high and low speeds with preloaded travel reed valves with star springs in compression and helical spring in extension;
- double seal with o-ring and oil seal with metal base, the high quality of the closure allows not to use the fork protectors that in the long run create accumulation of dirt and damage the shock absorber, any debris that settles on the stem is cleaned by the double lip of the metal oil seal;
- calibration on 10-speed test bench, from 5 to 500 m/s for perfect calibration in all conditions;
The revision of the shock absorber HM4X4 is guaranteed at a cost of 30.00 euros each.
AIR DRYED pressurization is an innovative two-phase pressurization technique that allows to pressurize with inert gas after creating the high vacuum by completely extracting air and humidity inside the shock absorber in order to limit the phenomenon of oil emulsion to a minimum and creating the rust that moisture inside an unpressurized shock inevitably creates.
In addition to making the shock absorber more performing, the Air Dryed pressurization considerably extends the duration of the shock absorber over time and guarantees constant calibration even after years of use.
NOTE. Since it is a handmade shock absorber, the measures may vary by a few millimeters according to the thickness of the bushings, the washers, the softness of the internal limit switch or the welds. The measurements enlisted are to be considered +/- 5mm.